Sunday, May 26, 2013

First Week Recap

This week was my first full week in the Wake County Animal Center. It appears that all of the animals come into the center in one of three ways: animal control, surrender by owner/care taker, or stranger turning in a stray. No matter how they are brought in it is heart breaking. It is so easy to form an opinion about the people surrendering these animals, however we do not know the entire story so we must stay neutral. We are here to help take a great picture of these animals to help find them a new loving home.
Phillip (88433)
This is a photograph of a very playful kitten named Phillip! I chose this picture out of all of my photographs mostly because I love the way he is positioned with his head tilted almost following the curve of the circle. In this photograph I made a dodge layer and on top of this layer I lightened his ears, nose, and white patches in his fur. I then used the lasso tool to capture just Phillip and then blur the background so the picture just focuses on him.

1 comment:

  1. But why do you think there are so many animals in our community? How does Wake County average 16,000 animals per year? Do you think our citizens view these animals as intelligent (as you read about)? Do you think intelligence matters?

    Nice composition on the Phillip photo! The half moon cradles him like a baby.

    ReplyDelete