Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Areas of Improvement

For this posts assignment I was asked to post a photograph from last week that I did not previously post. The photograph that I have chosen is a picture that I love because I remember the interaction, however I do not feel like the photograph captured it as well as I wanted it to.
Sweeden (88663) Adopted! 
In this photograph I feel like the strengths were: her eyes, her smile, and the shallow depth of field. I love the expression on her face and the glisten in her eyes. Sweeden loved to be called sweetie or baby girl. I remember in this picture I called her one of the two which I think really attributed to the happy look on her face. Although I personally like this picture of her because of the memory of taking it, I know that it is not a flattering picture of her. The lighting washed out the left side of her face, she is looking to my left (so her eyes were not on the camera), and also due to the angle to the picture the viewer cannot see her entire body/coloring. For this weeks set of photographs I need to really focus on the angle in which I take the picture of the animals.

4 comments:

  1. Shelby, I really enjoyed this photograph of Sweeden because she has a soft smile that shows she is very sweet. The great use of shallow depth of field lets us only focus on Sweeden's features.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish we were able to post our sweet stories just like yours of Sweeden on the shelters website. I believe that would increase the amount of animals that were adopted or reclaimed each month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Britany and Claire, she was a very sweet girl and I am glad not only that I was able to photograph her but that she also got adopted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great self analysis. I applaud your willingness to critique your work. I agree with your insights!

    ReplyDelete