Saturday, June 1, 2013

Surrendering

Surrendering animals is something I cannot take lightly. Everyone has their reasons for bringing in these animals. Some of them are very sad stories and others make me angry, however I cannot judge because we never know someone's entire story and why they decided they could not care for their pet anymore.

Pookie (88006)

The first surrendered animal I came across in my photo search was a very sweet cat named Pookie. One the paperwork, the listed reason for surrendering was that the owner was moving to a new residence and the home owner is allergic to cats. Therefore the owner of the cat was obligated to make the decision to surrender Pookie. 

Ogun (88835)

The second animal was a dog named Ogun. He is a 2 year old male black lab/shepherd mix. He was a very sweet and well behaved dog when I was in the cage with him. The reason for surrender listed on his paper work was that he was a stray that they took in. It also stated that he barked at neighbor dogs and tried to dig out of the yard. 

Otis (88881)

The third animal that I photographed that was surrendered was Otis. Otis is a male Rottweiler/shepherd mix. Otis was also very sweet and well behaved. The reason for surrender that was listed stated that the family has a one year old child learning to walk. Otis had a tendency to knock the baby over and want to play with it. A secondary reason was that the owner was going back to school and would not have to proper time to take care of him.  

2 comments:

  1. Great photos. I just want to hear you connect your thoughts and observations to what you read about this week. It will help make your posts stronger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I will definitely do that this week

    ReplyDelete